The Latest News about Good-for –You Foods
Chocolate: Wondered if all the hype about chocolate being good for you is true? Well, for sure the cheap milk & sugar laden kind isn’t but a REAL study at Loma Linda University show EEG proof that chocolate (minimum 70% raw cacoa):
- reduces stress and inflammation
- Improves immunity, memory and mood
Salmon: Fish oil can help reduce the symptoms of osteoarthritis (the most common type of arthritis) according to a study published in the journal Rheumatology. Full disclosure: this was a meta-analysis (study that correlates multiple other studies) of fish oil capsule studies but there is every logical reason to suggest salmon would do the same. 1,000 mg (1.0 g) of Omega-3’s was found to work well. How much is that?
- Salmon: a 3 ounce serving =1.0-1.9 grams
- Vegan choices: a serving of nuts (¼ cup walnuts =about 4 grams) but doesn’t contain DHA (one type of Omega-3). Learn more & vegan alternatives here
Tea: New reasons why tea is good for your brain and more:
- Tea reduces Estrogen levels in women and may lead to epigenetic changes. (types of tea wasn’t specified in study)
- Green tea: A study suggests that EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate) in green tea, could alleviate high-fat and high-fructose (HFFD)-induced insulin resistance and cognitive impairment. (HFFD-Read as S.A.D. Standard American Diet)
Sign into my store and put chocolate, Omega-3 or Fish oil in search bar for some great suggestions.
Watch this blog and my Facebook page for upcoming announcements about my webinar and my upcoming coaching program: How to Dis-Inherit Your Parent’s Disease